What are pectoral implants?
Pectoral implants (pec implants) are implants that help sculpt and contour a man’s chest. In many cases, they make the chest muscles appear more developed.
Why get pectoral implants?
Even with frequent exercise, some men find that they cannot achieve the chest definition they desire. If you have under-developed or asymmetrical pec muscles that don’t improve with weightlifting and exercise, pectoral augmentation may be right for you.
Below are some of the benefits of pectoral implant surgery:
- Improve your chest contour
- Add muscle thickness or bulk to your pecs
- Get a more sculpted, masculine chest
- Restore symmetry if one of your pec muscles is smaller than the other
- Improve your self-image and self-confidence
What should I consider before getting a pectoral implant surgery?
Please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon for more information on what is unique to you.
- You need to be in good general health.
- You can custom design your pectoral implants to provide a specific shape to your chest.
- Implants will not improve the definition of your pectoral muscles.
- Implants may yield unnatural or feminine results.
- Asymmetry may occur if implants move or are displaced.
- The recovery time is typically around one week but you should avoid strenuous activity for up to two weeks. You should see your full results in about six weeks.