What is microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a non-invasive, skin resurfacing procedure that gently exfoliates or polishes away the top layer of dead skin cells while stimulating collagen growth, to reveal healthy new skin that looks and feels smoother.
Why get microdermabrasion?
Aging, drinking, smoking, sun exposure, and genetics can cause facial lines and skin damage. If you have fine lines, blemishes, dull skin, sun spots, or often have blackheads and/or whiteheads, microdermabrasion may be right for you.
Below are some of the benefits of microdermabrasion:
- Brighten your skin
- Give your skin a healthy glow
- Unclog pores and maintain healthy, clear skin
- Reduce the appearance of scars, fine lines, and skin spots with regular treatments
- Improve your self-image and self-confidence
What should I consider before getting microdermabrasion?
Please consult with your aesthetic plastic surgeon for more information on what is unique to you.
- This treatment is effective for all skin types and colors.
- Microdermabrasion is less invasive than dermabrasion.
- This treatment cannot help severe skin conditions such as deep acne, active rosacea, eczema or dermatitis.
- Microdermabrasion requires multiple sessions and maintenance treatments for maximum effectiveness.
- Your skin may feel sensitive, especially to the sun immediately after your treatment.
- With microdermabrasion, you get immediate results with no downtime, pain, and minimal side effects.